Sitting on the patio at work. A cool breeze breaks up the humid air. The sun shining down on me like a heat lamp, warming my soul. The hum of music coming from the whiskey place accompanied by the smell of mash and broken laughter of drunken businessmen on their lunch breaks and middle aged tourists who had no idea the 113.6 proof would make them see double. Stumble over here for some chocolate, ya'll. The chatty, mildly intoxicated tourists are always the best tippers. They order the shittiest coffees, skim lattes, and such, but they always tip. Because we're fancy.
There are no birds out today. Usually I can hear chirping or see shadows of their wings wave across the concrete. Unplanned nature is silent and barely present, except for the random shoots of green vines and leaves peeking through crumbling brick walls.
I love my job. I love this patio.
It provides a peace that is needed in my life. I get a 30 minute break to turn off my brain, stop smiling and just listen. Absorb the sun. Recharge.
I have never brought my laptop to work with me. I have no idea why I brought it today. It was my last thought before walking out the door. I'm glad I did. I know this is just rambling and has no insight into my brain...but it feels good just to click away. Maybe this will be a new trend.
No comments:
Post a Comment